Archive for the ‘vocabulary’ Category
-Pencil Sharpener (if you have those kinds of pencils) …
- Up to 7,000 different languages are estimated to be spoken around the world
- Mandarin Chinese, English, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, Bengali, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German and French are world’s most widely spoken languages, according to UNESCO
- Languages are grouped into families that share a common ancestry
- English is related to German and Dutch, and all are part of Indo-European family of languages
- Also includes French, Spanish and Italian, which come from Latin
- 2,200 of the world’s languages can be found in Asia, while Europe has 260
Par quels mots peut-on remplacer ‘good’, ‘bad’, ‘interesting’, ‘important’ dans les sujets d’expression écrite?
Voici quelques synonymes que vous pouvez utiliser (attention, chaque mot a sa nuance, on ne les emploie pas dans les mêmes contextes):
GOOD: excellent, hard-working, thrilling, fine, positive, proper, appropriate, convenient, desirable, efficient, first-class, first-rate, fit, genuine, satisfactory, suitable, sound, workable, attractive.
BAD: unacceptable, unsuitable, undesirable, absurd, appalling, awkward, criminal, defective, evil, false, foolish, groundless, harmful, second-class, second-rate, unfortunate, serious, useless, hopeless, critical.
INTERESTING: captivating, curious, exciting, fascinating, provocative, stimulating, thought-provoking.
IMPORTANT: major, significant, decisive, consequential, crucial, essential, of substance, paramount, capital, impressive.
BIG: huge, tall, large, enormous, high, gigantic, great, immense, vast, sizeable.
NICE: friendly, lovely, beautiful, kind, attractive, charming, delightful, likeable, pleasant.
Find the French translation of these words on WordReference.
Find more synonyms on synonym.com.
Welcome to the TSTG2 students on the blog !
Please feel free to visit and comment.
Our first theme for the year is immigration and The American Dream.
To start with, I would like you to watch several videos (included in previous articles) :
Finally , here is some vocabulary. Please download and print this page.