Myths & Heroes // Power : where & how // Space & Exchange
Tourism and the Myth of Paradise
We are planning a family holiday but we can’t agree on it ! Some of us want to have a rest, others want to take an active part in the cleaning of the environment, others want to participate in holiday camps for poor kids… Tonight’s discussion is going to be animated !
- I will learn how to understand people talking about their holiday experience.
- I will learn how to understand a conversation at a tourist information centre.
- I will learn how to find strategies to understand a video without subtitles.
- I will learn how to read webpages about my traveling personality.
- I will learn how to make the difference between webpages, press short cuts, excerpts from novels and adverts.
- I will find strategies to understand any written document.
Speaking TO and WITH the group:
- I will learn how to talk about myself and my personality.
- I will learn how to describe and discuss about a shocking photo.
- I will learn how to participate in a family discussion to express my views backing them up with explanations and arguments.
I will need the following tools:
- Location and Geography
- Adjectives for moral portraits
- Social and family relationships
- feelings : shock, surprise, fear, determination
- verbs of opinion, approval and disapproval
- verbs of actions
- infinitive and causative structures
- word formation
- logical and chronological linkwords
- revision of tenses and modals
- getting acquainted with the different English sounds and their transcription
- discovering accents
- word stress and sentence stress
- sentence intonation to express incredulity, shock and disapproval / to convince someone