ALL YEAR ROUND MISSION
As a member of a reading committee, I have chosen a book that I will present and rate. Then each member may ask me questions to make their own opinion on the book and see if it will be their next !
Listening and Reading:
- I will learn how to read a whole book in English without translation, while listening to the audio transcription, when provided. I may ask for the teacher’s help or look up for words in the dictionary, when needed.
Speaking TO & WITH the group:
- I will learn how to present a book to an audience and answer unprepared questions.
- I will learn how to take notes on the different books I am reading, to be used when talking about them.
I will need the following tools:
- according to topic of book(s) chosen
- pronouns / past tenses / adjectives and adverbs / modals
- prefixes and suffixes / word formation
- synonyms and antonyms
- chronological and logical linkwords
- phonetic transcription of sounds
- basic rules à phonemic pronunciation / word and sentence stress / intonation / fluency / tone