INTRODUCTION to the 4 Notions
THE AMERICAN DREAM
- T°- Mission #1 – Immigration to the US from Europe and Asia
- T°- Mission #1 – Immigration to the US_The Mexican Border
- T°- Mission #1 – Entrainement CE
You are an immigrant or the child of an immigrant in the US. You are invited to a radio programme to tell about your personal and family story, what you had to go through to integrate American society and why, your failures and success, your advice to newcomers.
- I will learn how to watch and listen to contemporary interviews on immigration and discrimination.
- I will learn how to read excerpts from the press or novels.
Speaking TO the group:
- I will learn how to tell my personal story and explain my views on immigration.
- I will learn how to write a letter.
- I will learn how to write an essay on the issue of immigration.
I will need the following tools:
- Immigration then and now : causes, consequences, purposes
- Verbs & phrases to express feelings, opinions and the notions of hope and fear
- agreeing and disagreeing
- passive form
- “I wish …” structures to express wishes and regrets
- the expression of the past : present perfect vs preterit ( + irregular verbs revision)
- the expression of duration (for/since/ago/during)
- getting acquainted with the different English sounds and their transcription
- discovering accents
- word stress and sentence stress
- sentence intonation to express incredulity, shock and disapproval / to convince someone