The UNESCO CLUB SORBONNE PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD 2011 is run by the UNESCO Club Sorbonne Photography Award Committee. President of the Committee is Julia Houas.
By entering the Competition you are deemed to accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
Who can enter?
The Competition is open to all professional and amateur photographers worldwide. If you are under 18 you must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter.
« Liberty of expression in Moscow underground as a new aesthetic metamorphosis »
Opening and closing dates
The Competition will open for entries at 11.00 GMT on 10 January 2011 and will close at 5 November 2011.
How to enter
All Entries, whether taken digitally or on film, must be submitted electronically. Scans from film or prints are acceptable.
Entries into the Series Competition are required to be accompanied by a project statement. This should be between 90 – 150 words, and describe the work for the purposes of judging.
Judging and notification
The head of a Judging Committee is Julia Houas. The names of the judges are subject to change without notice at the sole discretion of the organisers.
The jury met face-to-face all the candidates and selected two winners.
Judging will take place in September 2011.
The judges will select 30 images to be exhibited.
Winners will be announced at least 30 days before the award ceremony at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris during the International Human Rights Day – 10 December 2011.
The judges’ decision is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into in respect of their decision.
– Exhibition at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris during the International Human Rights Day – 10 December 2011.
– Directing photography workshop for students at UNESCO Headquarters the same day
Limited edition images
If a Finalist Image is part of an edition of prints, you agree to allow the Competition to print its own size for the exhibition. This can be in the same or separate edition, depending on your limitations and preference, but must be at the size and price determined by the Competition.
General terms and conditions
By entering the Competition you release the Organisers and their judges from and against all claims and damages arising from or in connection with your participation in the Competition. You agree to comply with these Rules of Entry.
You are responsible for informing the Organisers of any changes to the information entered on the entry form, in particular of any change of contact details at any time before the Awards Ceremony.
You agree to take part in post-competition publicity.
Copyright and permissions
By submitting images to the Competition, you confirm and warrant that:
- you are the sole author of each Entry and that it is your original work;
- you own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- you have the permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required in the section on licensing below and will indemnify the Organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- you have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made in the licensing section below; and
- you have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by the licensing section below and will indemnify the Organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
By entering the Competition, you grant the Organisers a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose solely and exclusively to promote the Competition.