Your potential boss has found your cover (= application) letter and resume particularly promising. Maybe you’ve had a few phone contacts. The next step is to impress your future employer face-to-face. Here are mistakes you must AVOID during your interview! Don’t worry, each problem has its solution!
|Don’t arrive late!|| – Keep an eye on your watch.
– Leave home early
– Before leaving home, make sure that you know exactly where to go.
|Don’t wear the wrong clothes!|| – Choose the appropriate clothes. They have to be neat and clean.
– Don’t look under- or overdressed!– Don’t forget to comb your hair, brush your teeth and … polish your shoes!
|Don’t avoid eye contact!|| – Relax and smile, you are not a robot!
– Look enthusiastic and confident.
|Don’t smoke, drink or chew gum!|| – Take it easy.
– Convince yourself that everything will be fine. You don’t need a stiffener!– Use deodorant if you know that you are going to sweat a lot because of your stress!
|Don’t hesitate to put forward your qualities!||– You must be able to specify your skills and qualities.– Don’t underestimate your qualities.|
|Don’t forget to be polite and articulate!|| – Train in front of a mirror and try to speak audibly.–
You must sound convincing.
– Don’t forget to introduce yourself and to say goodbye when you leave!
|Don’t keep quiet or talk too much!|| – Listen carefully to the questions you are asked.
– Don’t deliver a speech!– Don’t interrupt your interviewer!
|Don’t ask too many / too few questions!|| – Ask precise and relevant questions.
– Avoid questions on sensitive or irrelevant topics.
|Don’t be too critical!|| – Don’t sound like a professional complainer
– Show that you are ready for team work!
|Don’t show too little interest about the job or the company/firm|| – Try to gather information about the job or the company/firm by surfing the net or reading professional magazines