Hotels are places where you can stay on a short-time basis.
These commercial establishments provide meals, lodging and other services (=facilities).
Hotels must have at least 6 letting bedrooms, and half of them must have private bathrooms.
Hotels are usually classified into ‘star’ categories:
– One-star hotels provide a limited number of amenities and services.
– Five-star hotels offer a wide range of guest services in a luxurious environment. They also provide excellent cuisine (table d’hote and a la carte).
No matter which category they rank in, each and every hotel should be clean and neat.
Here are examples of services and amenities you can expect at a hotel :
– equipped bedrooms (telephone and colour TV) with or without an attached bathroom, a mini bar, air-conditioning and a safe
– a bar or/and a lounge
– room service
– a swimming-pool
– a fitness centre
– conference facilities
Amazing facts and figures about hotels :
– One of the largest hotels is the First World Hotel, Genting Highlands, in Malaysia, – it has 6,118 rooms!!!
– The oldest hotel still in opearation, opened in 718 in Japan!
– The highest hotel is the Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong. It is located in the top floors of Hong Kong’s tallest building!
– The smallest hotel bedrooms are undoubtedly capsule rooms, in some Japanese hotels: they are 2m x 1m x 1m15!
Back to Home page
Back to Accommodation