What is it like to be a hotel assistant manager?
Task 1: Listen and describe Amanda Sinclair’s job at Madison concourse Hotel.
Task 1: Read the following document and speak about the assistant manager’s job description and skills.
Assistant Manager Job Description Template (fiche métier)
We are searching for a new Assistant Manager to join our team who is interested in helping to hire and train other team members. You will also assist in making sure the team adheres to company policies, resolving customer complaints, leading the team, and organizing the team schedule.
To be a great fit for this role you should have a consistent work history and previous experience as a senior staff member or as an Assistant Manager. A passion for customer service and team mentoring is also a plus.
- Ensuring that health, safety, and security rules are followed.
- Taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensuring a consistent standard of customer service.
- Motivating employees and ensuring a focus on the mission.
- Maintaining stores to standards, including stocking and cleaning.
- Completing tasks assigned by the general manager accurately and efficiently.
- Supporting store manager as needed.
Assistant manager’s requirements
- Stable work history.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Have the ability to work autonomously when required.
- Be a team player.
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
- Experience as an assistant store manager or with retail store management.
Task 2: You are the assistant manager at Paradise Hotel in Martinique.
What an assistant hotel manager does.
The job of an assistant hotel manager is to help the hotel manager complete all activities related to the operations of a hotel, ensuring the establishment works as smoothly as possible.
Assistant hotel managers monitor the tasks of personnel and workers, set goals and plans to promote and improve the service of their department; and are tasked to give schedules and assignment to each worker. They handle client’s complaints and compliments about their department; and make sure that events are well organized. Sometimes, assistant hotel managers also welcome guests and customers as they enter the hotel.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
An assistant hotel manager must be very organized, systematic, patient, motivated, confident and a hard worker. He/she must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong leadership skills, analytical and problem solving skills, good customer service skills and multi-tasking skills. The assistant hotel manager should work well under pressure, even with minimal supervision. He/she should also be able to work independently or as part of a large team.