– An Australian campaign warning about the hidden dangers of the internet
The end of forgetting
– An article on the social media by Jeffrey Rosen
– Grammar, GENITIF ET ASSEMBLAGES EN « OF »
Sharing information: a day in your life
– A short film by the Federal Trade Commission
– Intonation in WH- questions
Organise a talk show about the so called ‘internet dangers’ in class. Divide the students into young internet users, parents, cyberscholars and host(s). Part of the class can constitute an audience. In that case the show will be repeated so that all the students get a chance to impersonate a guest or a host.
Here are the first lines of the Wikipedia entry for the term ‘digital native’:
“A digital native is a person who was born during or after the general introduction of digital technologia and through interacting with digital technology from an early age, has a greater understanding of its concepts.”
Modify and develop that definition to explain that digital natives do not always understand the concepts underlying the internet although they know how to use it.