1. How many inhabitants are there in California ?
2. What’s California’s capital city ?
3. Describe California's flag. What do the elements represent?
4. When and by whom was California first colonized?
5. When did California become part of the USA?
6. What are the 4 main economic regions of California and what is their economic field?
7. How many inhabitants are there in Los Angeles (including agglomeration)?
8. What's the name of its University?
9. Say what each Los Angeles district is famous for (interests, activities, attraction, etc…):
• Santa Monica
• Venice Beach
• Beverly Hills
10. How many inhabitants are there in San Francisco (including agglomeration)?
11. What is San Francisco's nickname?
12. Say what each San Francisco district is famous for (interests, activities, attraction, etc…)
• Russian Hill
• The Castro
• Pacific heights
Group work: If you had one day in Los Angeles or San Francisco, what would you do?
Discuss what you would do with your partner(s) if you had a day in one
of those two great cities, from morning to late at night (with
unlimited budget and a car at your disposal). Write what you would do
in a paragraph starting with: «If we had one day in Los
Angeles/San Francisco, we would…»