Myths & Heroes // Power : where & how // Space & Exchange // The Idea of Progress
Australia : one land, two peoples
- 1°B1B2 – Mission #3 – Australia (1) : one land, two peoples
- 1°B1B2 – Mission #3 – Australia (2) – Activities & Corrections
- 1°B1B2 – Mission #3 – Australia (3) – Film CHARLIE’S COUNTRY
I am a journalist with both Aboriginal and White roots. After Kevin Rudd’s official apology for the Stolen Generation, I have decided to write an article telling the difficulty and pride of being an Aborigine in modern Australia.
- I will learn how to understand trailers and excerpts from films or reports, in English with and without subtitles.
- I will learn how to understand speeches by politicians
- I will learn how to understand a mythological story.
- I will learn how to understand short literary excerpts from a story.
- I will learn how to write a chronological narrative of a country’s history thanks to different documents and data.
- I will learn how to write a short article expressing both factual data and personal viewpoint.
I will need the following tools:
- social relationships / social and human rights
- history and geography of Australia
- verbs of actions / opinion / feelings
- infinitive and causative structures
- passive form
- word formation
- logical and chronological linkwords
- getting acquainted with different accents
- sentence intonation / sentence stress
- mute letters