Myths & Heroes // Power : where & how // Space & Exchange
DRAMA STRATEGIES: creating on-stage reality, building up emotion
We are to participate in an outing to the theatre. We will write a review of the play after the performance and also play a scene from the play ourselves, thus becoming actors for one day !
- I will learn how to understand reports and interviews on the topic studied.
- I will read a scene from a play, and I will learn how to identify:
- the narrator and the point of view adopted
- the elements aimed at the actors and those targeting the audience
Speaking TO & WITH the group:
- I will learn how to build up emotion in the audience while acting a scene from a play.
- I will learn how to write a short review of the play after the performance.
I will need the following tools
- History of Nelson Mandela and South Africa Timeline
- physical and moral portraits
- family, social and political relationships
- adjectives to describe personalities / feelings
- verbs of actions / opinion
- sentence structures
- direct and indirect speeches
- active and passive forms
- how to use the different tenses
- basic phonetic rules to be applied when acting