Myths & Heroes // Power : where & how // Space & Exchange
MOVIE TECHNIQUES & STRATEGIES : creating suspense, embodying a hero
As an award winning actor I am going to participate in an interview on my work and feelings.
- I will learn how to understand a whole film with English subtitles on a crime story with a specific historical background : IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT
Speaking TO and WITH the group:
- I will learn how to participate in a TV talk show to give my views on my work as an actor in general and in that film in particular, how I prepared it and my feelings now I have won the best actor’s award.
- I will learn how to write a film synopsis and review on the film studied in class.
- I will learn how to create a poster to attract a large audience.
I will need the following tools
- African Americans’ fight for equality / racial discrimination
- detective and murder stories
- adjectives to describe personalities, emotions and feelings
- verbs of action & opinion
- revision of how to use the different tenses and modals
- infinitive and causative structures
- passive vs active forms
- hypotheses and “if…” structures
- “I wish…” structures
- logical and chronological linkwords
- sentence stress
- using intonation to express feelings and opinions
- American accents