Myths & Heroes // Space & Exchange // Idea of Progress
NARRATIVE STRATEGIES : plot, viewpoint, suspense, emotion
We are to participate in a story telling contest. The best stories will be posted on the school blog for everybody to read !
- I will learn how to understand interviews on what makes a good story, with the script if I need it.
- I will read two contemporary short stories, one plotless and one plotted, and I will learn how to identify:
- the narrator and the point of view adopted
- the elements creating suspense and emotions
- chronological order
Speaking WITH the group:
- After reading my friends’ stories, I will learn how to give my opinion and argue with the others to decide on the best ones to post on the school blog.
- As a member of a team, I will learn how to write my own short story:
- choosing the narrator and the point of view adopted
- creating suspense and emotion
- using rich vocabulary, logical and chronological linkwords
I will need the following tools
- physical and moral portraits / relationships
- adjectives to describe personalities / feelings
- verbs of actions / opinion
- past tenses
- chronological and logical linkwords
- direct and indirect speeches
- WH- structures
- vowels and consonants pronunciation
- sentence intonation