LIEUX ET FORMES DU POUVOIR
© Ministère de l’Éducation nationale – Programme du cycle Terminal en langue (1ère + Terminale) BO spécial n° 9 du 30 septembre 2010
Here is a list of words and ideas that come to my mind when dealing with the notion of « Power : where & how ».
No specific order !
Non exhaustive list !
- the power of the word : famous speeches
- political platforms : power of the vote
- literary works with an impact
- politically correct language
- examples of trials : the power of the word at court
- the 3 Powers : the legislative, the executive, the judiciary
- the Fourth Power (the Media)
- Education & Literacy
- Stereotypes and the power of the media
- Role of the Media and Army in Wartime
- Advertising strategies + spoof ads and the power of humour
- Religion vs Science
- Mind control and manipulation
- the power of money : consumerism & gambling addiction
- colonization and the oppression of early peoples to gain power
- the Casinos of Native Americans
- gender discrimination : the power of man vs woman in our societies
- women’s fight for freedom : women’s vote, abortion rights, contraceptive pill