Here are interesting topics and relevant questions to ask when you meet someone for the first time
– Surname (=family name / second name) / First name (= Christian name) / Nickname
– What’s your name?
– Can you spell your name?
– Where do you live?
– Do you live in a big city (= town) or a small village?
– What nationality are you?
– Are you of Italian / German/ descent?
Family = Brothers /sisters /parents
– Have you got any brothers or sisters?
– How many brothers or sisters have you got?
– Are you an only child?
– What do your parents do for a living?
Age = Date of birth / astrological (=star) sign
– When and where were you born?
– What star sign are you?
– How old are you?
Hobbies and pastimes
– What are your hobbies?
– What do you like doing in your free time?
– Do you like surfing the net?
– Who is your favourite singer? What sort of music do you listen to?
– Have you got any friends? = Are you a loner or a mixer?
– Who is your (very) best friend?
Marital status = Single / engaged / married / divorced / a widow(er)
– Are you married?
– When did you get married?
– How long have you been married?
– Have you got a pet? Is your dog a he or a she?